Friday, January 23, 2009

Recipes and Ideas

Vegetable Soup
I like to make this in a crock pot. I will put it on when I go to bed and it is ready in the morning. I use a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, canned diced tomatoes, onions chopped, celery and season to taste.
I always serve my soups over brown rice which I keep cooked and in the refrigerator at all times, so it is always ready.
Of course, green mixed salads are alway good.
More to come later.Reply to Your Post

Do you eat pasta? I use only whole wheat pasta as well. I have some very good recipes for pasta.
I also make TVP which is a meat substiture made from tofu. It looks like ground meat when it is done.
Take some fresh kale, remove all the thick stems. Place in a steamer basket, over water, steam for about 10 minutes. Let cool, sprinkle with garlic salt, and lemon juice (opt), then take the kitchen shears and chop the kale up pretty well. Add some dressing or mayo (I make mine from silken tofu) add some chopped sweet onion, and or tomato chopped and stuff into half a piece of whole wheat pita bread. (This is sometimes called pocket bread) This is very tasty.

For a quick sandwich: take a whole wheat tortilla, put your lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers, whatever you like in the center, pour on a little of your favorite dressing, roll up and eat. A veggie wrap. We eat a lot of those. I use oil free italian dressing some that I make.
You can also do the same thing in pita bread. I only buy whole wheat. We do not eat white flour at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment